Full time position at Ft. Gillem, GA. Must be able to deploy at times to forensics facilities outside of the United States. There is a pay differential associated with deployment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct examinations of evidence related to DNA analysis.
- Generate STR DNA profiles from evidence and reference samples.
- Analyze and interpret data from analysis which typically consists of complex mixtures and low level samples.
- Produce detailed notes and reports.
- Perform technical and administrative reviews of other analysts’ casework.
- Instrument maintenance.
- Physical ability and commitment to deploy globally as a team member.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites, excel spreadsheets.
- Skilled communicators who can clearly articulate/communicate via email, telephone calls and video teleconferencing.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Degree from an accredited college or university in physical or life sciences.
- Four (4) years of experience working in a forensic laboratory performing DNA analysis on criminal evidence including blood and bloodstains, body fluids, and stains of body fluids, hair and other items requiring DNA or related analysis.
- Performance of visual and microscopic examination of hairs.
- Generation of STR DNA profiles comparison of evidence from victims, scenes, or instruments of incidents to evidence from suspects.
- Professional certification such as American Board of Criminalistics (ABC) is desired.
- One (1) year of experience as the lead of a team of DNA analysts.
- Experience working with an OIF/OEF Laboratory, TEDAC facility, or other NGIC, DoD or ATF Lab; interagency or state/local law enforcement forensics labs preferred.
Certifications and Other Qualifications:
- U.S. citizenship
- Valid US Passport that will not expire throughout deployment
- Able to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance